pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Re: A host to run things on

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: webmaster@pfaf.org
  • Cc: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>, fred@ibiblio.org, jem@ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Re: A host to run things on
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:51:19 -0500

Richard Morris wrote:

> Lawrence,
> I think we need a server to actually get these databases
> running on. Metalab seems the ideal host.
>
> What I think we need:
> a user id for the project
> MySql - probably comes as default on metalab
> PHP - probably comes as default on metalab
>
> I'd also suggest using phpMyAdmin
> http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/
> as a starting frontend to the database, this does all the
> required database operations out of the box.
>
> We can work on a more tailored interface later.
>
> Could you have a chat with the metalab folks about this?
>
> All the best
>
> Rich

Rich and all:

I just talked with Fred at ibilio (MetaLab) who requested that you
get in touch with him regarding details of setting up the resources we
need.
Your idea of using phpMyAdmin to get us up and running to the point
where we can start
configuring the database and entering data is what we need.

ibiblio already runs MySql and PHP.

The ibiblio folks you'll need to work with are:

Jon Magid jem@ibiblio.org
Fred Stutzman fred@ibiblio.org

LL