nafex - Re: [nafex] backyard growers report IL

  • From: sherwin dubren <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] backyard growers report IL
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 20:04:41 -0700 (PDT)

________________________________
From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:30 PM
Subject: [nafex] backyard growers report IL

Honeycrisp entire crop wiped out trees and all…and ditto that for just about
everything else  : (  Savage neighbors dog (pitbull) came into the area and
decided to chew through just about every last tree (they were M27s and about
6 feet high).  It was unbelievable. I lost 40 trees and have 4 left – sigh.
So if anyone wants to donate scion wood next spring left me know as I hope to
cleft graft the stumps and hope they have enough energy to push out the
scions…this is just sickening.  He also chewed away the pear benchgrafts I
planted out.

You should have shot the dog.  The least I would have done was reported this
to the animal control officer in your area.
Pit Bulls are dangerous to humans, pets, and now I am hearing to dwarf apple
trees.  I cannot fire a gun in my suburb, but I would have a can of the
extra powerful bear spray handy.  How can you feel safe with such an animal
living next door?

               Sherwin Dubren
               Morton Grove, IL