nafex - Re: [nafex] backyard growers report IL

  • From: Deb Schneider <debs913@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] backyard growers report IL
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:43:57 -0400

Bummer on the dog attack! I hope you got reimbursed for the cost. If dogs
kill livestock the owners have to pay...I'd think the same for trees!

Instead of mesh, you might look into electric mesh. You can get 6 foot
sections of poultry net from Premier fence supply. We have it around our
grapes and keep the solar charger on all the time except when picking.
It's movable, so you could put it around different crops as they ripen.
Also I swear by hardware cloth collars around the trees. I'd have nothing
with all our rabbits and rodents without them.