nafex - RE: [NAFEX] need help with cherry ID

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] need help with cherry ID
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:27:52 -0700

Joan,
It must be Nanking Cherry (Prunus tomentosa). This is the first time I
have seen it. I found a number of pictures that look just like the
plants I found. Here is an example from an arboretum in Idaho.
http://www.uidaho.edu/arboretum/july.html
Thanks for your help with the ID!

>From what I remember, Nanking Cherry probably won't work for me in
Seattle because it is too warm and wet in the winter. Does anyone have
advice on this (like Lon)?
Mark Lee, Seattle