nafex - [nafex] Article in Concord (NH) Monitor

  • From: "John Van Hazinga" <vanhaz@gsinet.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Article in Concord (NH) Monitor
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:46:23 -0400

For thoseof you interested in NH or adjaent states, Monday's Concord Mnitor
will have a picture of me as an "innovative gardener" pruning my "Ivan's
Belle" (mountainash - hawthorne cross) and a few paragraphs of my gardening
philosophy and a poem on "Pruning Trees and Keeping Deer Away". ( Yes, I
wrote my second book of poetry this spring but will not subject any of you
to it altough I write more gardening and fruit poems all the time). I
instructed the reporter to get the name NAFEX in as a sourse of my
inspiration and knowledge but of course don't know if he will.If it is
available on the online Monitor I will post that Monday meanwhile take the
liberty to subject you to the included poem:::

ON PRUNING TREES AND KEEPING DEER AWAY

> I am of the "throw a cat through the tree school"
>
> That is stand back, take a look, and cut what need be
>
> So you could throw your cat through without touching.
>
> My rodent controller does not allow me do this
>
> But she did a great job keeping the voles at bay.
>
> So I had no gnawing damage this winter," thank you, Alley."
>
> What are we going to do about deer this year?
>
> More of Dr. O's vile concoction dribbled full strength on the stone
walls?

> I guess that will work again.
>
> But someday I will get a border collie,
>
> OK, Alley? he can be your big brother.
>

> vann April 24,2001

Join Audio Book Club today and receive 4 Audio Books for 1 cent PLUS a Free
Cassette Player. Choose from hundreds of the latest audio books, everything
from John Grisham to Sydney Sheldon.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ongTeA/ZncCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM