nafex - Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:23:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

But is a "scum" sufficient to keep insect/disease at bay?

I read in an agricultural magazine that rain was a real problem, as it
only works when it acts as a barrier. It offers little defense other than
a barrier from what I read.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Ginda Fisher wrote:

> I went to a pick-your-own place last year that had used it. We'd just
> had major storm, wind, heavy rains, etc. There was still a noticeable
> "scum" on the apples. (Wonderful apples, by the way.)
>
> Ginda
>
> Thomas Olenio wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I also heard that every time it rains it washes off. Any truth?
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Olenio
> > Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

> > > My response-------
> > >
> > > It comes as a wetable powder with instructions on how to mix. It
> > > is applied at two week intervals, in particular the prime application
> > > (or
> > > prime pest pressures) are just prior to flower opening and at petal
> > > fall. In more southern districts (where are you, anyway), 2-3 post
> > > petal
> > > fall applicatons will most likely be required.
> > >
> > > Ed, So. Indiana, etc

> > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Join Audio Book Club today and receive 4 Audio Books for 1 cent PLUS a Free
Cassette Player. Choose from hundreds of the latest audio books, everything
from John Grisham to Sydney Sheldon.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ongTeA/ZncCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM