msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] First responders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] First responders
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:31:39 -0400

Jecasse@aol.com wrote:
>I just joined this list, to learn more about search and rescue on horseback.
>
> There seems to be some discussion about a clinic - what clinic is this?

Hi Jan,

Large animal rescue isn't quite on topic for MSAR-Riders, but
it is a subject that comes up here often, simply because many
MSAR responders also provide large animal evacuation and/or
emergency rescue (meaning trailer accidents, not neglect and
abuse cases).

If you are looking for a clinic for mounted SAR, keep an eye
on http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/events/index.html . Does your
web browser's bookmark tool have an alerting function? If so,
you can set your browser to periodically check that page and
alert you when it changes.

The other thing you can do is mention where you are located
(eg, northeastern Oklahoma), and what kind of training you
seek.