msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Drill Team or SEARCH HORSE

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Drill Team or SEARCH HORSE
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:39:31 -0700

After riding and training a large assortment of different breeds, I can tell
you that good horses can be found in ALL breeds. It's far more of a individual
thing than a breed thing.

TER

Yep, I agree totally. There are exceptions to every rule! I know some QH's that are awesome mountain horses with great endurance and a couple of Arabs with no endurance at all. Bloodlines, training, terrain, use, personality- all contribute to the individuality of a horse. We can 'generalize' but it's probably best to remember that there are horses that exist outside all the boxes we'd like to put them in!

Chris Pennington