msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] msar credentials and info

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Terry Nowacki" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] msar credentials and info
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 07:35:25 -0500

The following message includes replies to Una's and Lynn's recent post.

Una typed -
> That tells me that, at
least until recently, many experienced MSAR folks are not aware
of the full scope of MSAR beyond mounted patrol.

You are 100% correct Una and MSAR-Riders is great for Mounted SAR

Lynn typed -
>I'd love to know if there's a
> website or links to aid someone in checking out credentials,

Lynn
I personally do not know of any website where you can check out credentials.
You do have to be careful if you plan to only read credentials, a lot of
things can
be written that are misleading, written credentials can only tell you a
small part of the
persons story. For example, the vast majority of K-9 SAR folks are GREAT,
but recently
there has been some trouble with few bad apples misrepresenting them selves
in K-9 SAR.
If you really want to check out if some one is who they say they are and can
do
what they claim, I would suggest the following;
For example if we are talking about MSAR, I would suggest that you ask for
the names of different sheriff's / law enforcement departments that the
individual in question has worked with, than contact that law enforcement
department.

If you are talking about a clinician of any type, I would suggests that you
ask for references from previous groups that have hired that individual and
most
important of all, see if they have ever publicly proven their skills and
proven what
they preach.

TER
Training Officer and Director for Marshall County Mounted Sheriff's Posse -
An 80 plus membership MSAR organization.
http://www.equinedetectionservices.com