msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Saddles etc.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Saddles etc.
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:45:26 -0500

Which brings me to my next question...Has anyone tried one of those
synthetic saddles? They are so light and, shall we say, cost effective. I
have some other things made out of cordura and it is extremely durable. I
mostly trail ride and am not out to impress anyone. I use an aussie now, no
horn to get stuck in the gut with, and like it a lot. I know horns come in
handy, but I haven't needed to tie off a calf in the 13 years I've been
riding. I have been thinking of a synthetic as a second saddle.

Sherry
Tennessee - START