msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] helmet suggestions

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] helmet suggestions
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:25:20 -0800

Different helmet manufacturers make differently shaped helmets. They use slightly different 'lasts'- some are oval, some are more rounded. It's best if you can to go somewhere that carries lots of different brands AND styles- as even within a brand the styles can vary fit a little. As to ventilation- I imagine it depends a bunch on where you live. I have found that sticks etc can fall into my helmet and make for an annoyance however I've not yet been poked with a stick through a vent hole. I will most likely be searching for an unvented helmet for my next one.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR