msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and 4x4

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: possegal@att.net
  • To: hitchnup@msn.com
  • Cc: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and 4x4
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:31:45 +0000

Hi,
My name is Carla and I am the Commander of the Solano Co Sheriff's Posse in
California. We have had our growing pains with the ATV 4x4 group in the
Sheriff's Organization. At one time there were separate groups under the SO -
Posse,4$x4, Air, and Radio. About 4 years ago, the previous Sheriff put us
all together under the new OES office. They didn't understand the mounted
resource and gravitated to the 4x4 group (who also didn't understand horses
or care to). The Posse pulled out of the group under the current sheriff and
did only PR work. I became Commander this past July and we are rejoining the
OES office. This have dramatically changed in that office, with the passage
of time, change of personnel, direction from the current sheriff and
education about our resource. We are basically starting a new in MSAR but
education is the key to organizig with the other groups, and the AHJ ( in our
case the SO) has to take a stand and decide that the groups are going to work
together. It's possible. It's not compatibility between horses and ATV's that
is the problem, its the people perceptions and understanding. If I can be of
help please feel free to contact me..

Also if you have any good info on starting an MSAR unit please let me know, I
could use the input.

Thanks,
--
Carla J Olsen
possegal@att.net
>From gottahorse@yahoo.com Sat Dec 3 22:08:52 2005

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=jo2eh3ZJd40mLhT9+etbWikAnRNj0Jt7GRPopZOj9p/MDMBmmnIKOGp5SH+RpycIy4zRSG+zPk+fkP14JupcIJK3M6TXKKgwVOlaE2KXv1EDySHk1jYQNw/ZcEaI+7fC5b1db6WbN+dL/l5HOaGba2prHaqy6e8JAdJGzZWU6Fk=
;