msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and 4x4

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: philip easley <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and 4x4
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:49:16 -0500

The Sheriff had to disaffialiate the Posse from the Sheriff's Department.
They became too powerful. They wrote the Sheriff out of their bylaws so he
could not keep them from getting him in trouble. While they were with us,
the parades gained a lot of support for SAR. Now we have Nevada County
Sheriff's Search and Rescue Inc... The Sheriff and several Deputy Sheriff
SAR Coordinators are on the board along with one SAR Inc Volunteer. That
works out well. We can raise money without the Board of Supervisors taking
it. We now have all the volunteer units under one roof and they all work
together well and stay well trained. The parade thing can still happen, but
we no longer have a designated parade unit. It is only periodical to show
off our SAR units.