msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mounted orienteering

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: KKMoonshadowrnch@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mounted orienteering
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:46:16 EDT

I only have a limited amount of experience with NACMO's style of
orienteering. What is a vetter? I would hope that maybe it's some sort of
veterinary
control? That's one thing that is lacking in the NACMO rides I have been to
IMO. Even if they would put some sort of a phrase that your horse must be
fit
to continue according to any old layperson's point of view would be an
improvement. Some of their horses come in looking pretty used up IMO.

Kathy & Nick
Moonshadow Ranch
McKenna, WA