msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] deployments

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] deployments
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:31:23 -0700

> Even so there is no reason for allowing people to drown because the school
> district held their buses -- most of which are now under water.

Hopefully others will learn from this very costly mistake- both in human
and animal lives. We were appalled when we realized on the day BEFORE
the storm that N.O. had stopped all it's public transportation! the day
before?

On a slightly different note- there are quite a few organizations
working tirelessly to find, transport, and care for the equine victims
of this disaster. (as well as the other four footed friends) Several
lists I am on have sent updates, addresses, contacts, pleas, and
specific requests. If anyone would like me to forward them to you let me
know. If anyone thinks it beneficial, and Una agrees, I can forward them
here as well. It is one way we can help- even if it's not possible to be
there.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR