msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Riding helmet / Western Hardhat Questions Not forHorsebackRiding

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lyne Peterson <lyne@bryngyld.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Riding helmet / Western Hardhat Questions Not forHorsebackRiding
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:50:06 -0700 (PDT)

I believe the only difference in testing standards for
equestrian helmets and other helmets is that the
helmet is also tested to withstand a blow from a hoof
shaped simulation.
Lyne
P.S. I don't know what happened to my post about
Sunbody Hats. They just put up a hat on their website
called a topless hat just after my conversation with
them about a cowboy hat to fit under a helmet. It's
under fun and funky hats. They will sell it to us for
$6.90