msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Riding helmet / Western Hardhat Questions Not for HorsebackRiding

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Riding helmet / Western Hardhat Questions Not for HorsebackRiding
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:47:27 -0700

If it's not approved for riding that brings up the question- what do you
gain from wearing it?

As to heat with traditional helmets- one of those nice packs that has
the 'plastic type' nodules inside and swells up when wet fits nicely in
the inside top of most helmets. <G> They also make them rolled up in
bandana's for around the neck. Very nice and very necessary in very hot
weather. Also I know there is a foam type brim made to fit over a helmet
to give shade all around. I just have to find one as shade on my neck is
what I miss most from my helmet.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR