msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Speaking od dogs

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Speaking od dogs
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:59:05 -0800

No we have not tried that yet. We do have a few people who have that
equipment, thanks. This weekend I am going to build a Travolis (that A Frame
thing the Indians used) and see how well my horse takes to dragging it
around. My first idea is to use something we can build in the woods assuming
we would already out there. Followed by some special equipment we might take
if we got deployed on a recovery mission.

We have two types of dog units here Bloodhounds and German Shepard's both
are pretty big breeds. This is going to be a very interesting exercise.
I'll let everyone know how it comes out.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Paul