market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Potato furrows and eggplant (separately)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Potato furrows and eggplant (separately)
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:09:36 -0500

On potatoes...

We use a single row pick style potato planter.  It is a 3-pt set-up and is ground driven and would allow us to plant 10 acres in a day if we planted that much.  THe most we have planted was five and a half and that took us about an hour and half per acre.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855