market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Potato furrows and eggplant (separately)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Potato furrows and eggplant (separately)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 14:16:00 -0700

Pam,

If you can, use your discs to "hill" the potatoes as they grow.  You may want to cultivate first, to loosen the soil, then use the discs to throw dirt up around the base of the plants to allow them to set spuds in that soil.

I had trouble with eggplant not setting fruit in the hot weather, too.  I have to wonder if more irrigation water would help.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.