market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] After 60 years, a total pea failure?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mamica5 AT sssnet.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] After 60 years, a total pea failure?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 07:55:26 -0400 (EDT)

Not an expert or anything..but I've been growing peas since I was 18 and
that is scary. I've been growing them a little more seriously for about 5
years and selling them at market. I've read that you shouldn't grow peas
on the same ground for more than a few years..been a bit worried about
that.
However...I have had trouble with critters...especially in last year's
snow peas...slugs I think..but might have been other critter like things.
I thought they weren't coming and when I started paying attention I
noticed that they would sprout and then disappear..sometimes eaten
off..sometimes completely gone. I haven't ruled out mice, rats, rabbits,
or birds in that regard. I'm wondering if something like that might be
your problem.
MLC