market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Coolbot done...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: idyllwild farm <idyllwildfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Coolbot done...
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 07:26:24 -0400

Etienne:
Do some reading on double vapor barriers- I recalled when I  built my KY unit, reading somewhere that double vapor barriers actually are worse than a single, I think because
they trap and never release moisture laden air.
If you use rigid foam and seal it really well with the tape, it will actually create a vapor
barrier. I used a sealed rigid foam on the outside of our box, battens between studs and exterior plywood on the inside for toughness. This winter, I'll probably crack it open to
check on the battens.
Mike