market-farming - [Market-farming] Coolbot done...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Coolbot done...
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 21:44:34 -0400

The Coolbot is finally finished.  I had everything ready to go early this week and chanced upon a 24000 BTU LG window unit (Craigslist)  that was less than a year old and saved me 300.00.  We now have a nice 12x12 walk-in.  I put in an additional layer of 1/2" foam with reflective coating.  Holly cow.  72 to 38F in 12 minutes.

I'm in love.  With what I have seen so far I cannot recommend one enough.  Even used a walk-in cooler this size would have been well out of my price range.

We were doing a small harvest of about 20# of Kale and 20# of salad greens and its amazing just how different things are.  Can't wait to push it to the extreme next week.  This should be a game changer in many ways.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855