market-farming - [Market-farming] Greenhouse Heating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Shong" <johnshong AT centurytel.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Heating
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:55:25 -0600

I think that sand wet enough to be a better conductor ... (?if it would do so?) ... would provide an environment (humidity) in which disease / algae problems would arise.

I wish I had a record of where this info was found ... sorry but no luck looking.

I did a search ... typed just as follows: sand and in and floor and heat.
Scrolled down the list ... think there might be some stuff that could answer some of your questions or lead you in the right direction.

John

Could you not wet the sand? I would think wet sand would be a lot
better as a heat conductor than dry sant