market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse heating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Shong" <johnshong AT centurytel.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse heating
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:27:46 -0600

Re the use of sand for infloor systems.
If that is your best/only option ... it may be workable.
Did lot of research several years ago when I was installing mine.
I did mine the "conventional" way.
Re using sand: They did plastic first ... then insulation ... then the sand ... but if my memory is correct they used a lot more sand than you ... seems like it was 18".
A few hours reseach on the internet should provide some insight.
Sorry dont have any links saved from back when I did this.
John
Fern Creek Gardens