market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse heating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse heating
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:59:06 -0500

Jake,

When did you start heating the floor? With radiant floor heat, it must be
long before its needed. If you turned the heat on when the HT was getting
cold, it would never have a chance to get up to temp even if the system is
sized okay. If you are going into the night with a warm floor and it
doesn't maintain the temp all night, then the system is undersized. What
were the sand temps at dusk and again at morning?

Maury Sheets
Woodland Produce
South jersey