market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ineffective market saga...suggestions? (long)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Childress" <weaver01 AT semo.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ineffective market saga...suggestions? (long)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:57:17 -0600

You should be able to check with your state government it is the secretary of State here in Mo.  I agree all states are different it also depends on whether they use federal funds of any sort.   The non-profit I work with is trying to start a farmers market, we hope that with a little help they go off on their own within a few years.  In fact our group has a 3 year limit on this project.  Our whole non-profit is based on poverty assistance in areas of persistent poverty. We also offer classes on aquaponics, lasagna gardening, low tunnels, canning, and gardening etc. I help with the website and encourage these growers anyway I can.  We start from scratch  two growers that was it.    We hope the growers involved start their own co-op or partnership or other business model and spin off.  We will be having a training on Co-op formation ( hopefully this spring).

Carol