market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ATKINS BLOW BACK: Looking for Potato Recipes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ATKINS BLOW BACK: Looking for Potato Recipes
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 20:36:27 -0400

See Helen Nearing's "cook"book! Good recipes for raw potato sandwiches -

Robert Farr
The Chile Man
http://www.thechileman.com
rbfarr AT erols.com * (540) 668-7160 (w) * (703) 431-6734
"Work is love made visible." - Kahlil Gibran

Allan Balliett wrote:

We've been so proud to have been supplying our CSA at least 5 pounds of heirloom new potatoes per share since early June. Now I'm starting to get 'complaints': "What could ANYONE do with all these potatoes??" (They got off lucky. Our harvest was MUCH lower than I had hoped it would be this year!!)

Anyway, if you have good, quick, ideas that will make it easy for my shareholders to use (or store) their potatoes, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks

-Allan in WV

PS I"m also looking for a 'quick' green bean freezing recipe, as well.