market-farming - [Market-farming] Yellowing Basil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Yellowing Basil
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:11:19 -0400

I grow Genovese (?)sweet basil and have every year.

I have several beds of it this year and it's all starting to yellow very
badly.

Can this be from the high levels of moisture we've had this summer? (I foliar regularly and lettuce given the same soil fert routine are still nice and green)

If not, what do you think?

Thanks

-Allan in WV where the raised beds are still like piles of stiff pudding and more rain is supposed to come today and tomorrow and ...