market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] walk in cooler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] walk in cooler
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:30:39 -0600

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:42:22PM -0700, SHEILA PAYNE wrote:
> I was reading with interest the discussion on post harvest cooling. As I'm
> not as handy as some of you, I was wondering what you think about this --
> http://denver.craigslist.org/for/265235755.html<http://denver.craigslist.org/for/265235755.html>

Typically, around Texas, farmers buy MUCH rougher walkins. BUT,
several times the size and 1/3 - 1/2 the price.

> I also see these on sale for much cheaper. Opinions?
>
> http://denver.craigslist.org/for/264099980.html<http://denver.craigslist.org/for/264099980.html>

A much more attractive deal if it fits your needs. This makes no
sense, though:
During the move it was unfortunately unplugged for about two weeks, so
it will need to be recharged with coolant.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 324 days 4 hours 18 minutes