market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Drury" <jbd3 AT hughes.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:56:08 -0600

Our Market board created the farm certificate. It reads as follows:

This is to certify that I am familiar with__________farm and that the farm is located in________________County, TN. I further certify that the following produce is grown on that farm.

The extension agent signs and dates the certificate.

In my case, I called my extension agent and asked him to visit my farm. He saw what I was growing and signed it. If the extension agent is already familiar with the farm, then there is no need for the farm visit, but the agent would still need to sign the certificate. There is no cost involved to the farmer or extension agent. We feel that coupled with periodic farm visits that we can further ensure that our market remains producer only.

John Drury
Bon Aqua, TN 37025
www.freshharvestcoop.com