market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Patrick Mulkey" <Mulkey AT tunl.duke.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:34:44 -0500

The Chapel Hill/Carrboro Farmers market is a grower only market. We operate on Town property 2 out of 3 days a week when we are in season. You have to grow or make the products within 50 Miles radius. When I say "make" I am referring to such things as furniture or craft items which have to be approved by the Board. This is done on a item by item bases. We have enjoyed the support of the town which we have a lease with to run the market.

You can look at our website which is:
Also our County government has a person on staff to help promote local agriculture.

Patrick Mulkey
Chapel Hill, NC