market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shelly <shelly AT idlethyme.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:01:00 -0700

There is a second more established market in town that has become quite a circus. Those of us that work hard to actually grow things in Wyoming were overrun by resalers. We felt that Cheyenne was ready for a more niche market. We are not the "big dog" but certainly present quality and assurance of local freshness. One of the caveats that we allow is that a local producer is able to bring another local producers product as long as the majority of what they bring is their own. This has opened the door for smaller local producers that mya have jobs during the market as we are a weekday afternoon/evening market. Hope this helps!
Shelly Montgomery (was Elliott)
Idle Thyme Farm
www.IdleThymeFarms.com
www.WyomingFreshMarket.com