market-farming - Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:00:17 -0400

We also need a Right to Farm law - which would allow all farmers to sell
what they raise on their farm to the consumer - including meats which
were butchered on-site.

Now you're talking!!

I don't believe the eco-tourism and touch-feely will carry the family farm through the coming hard times. I do believe the highest quality, freshest, cleanist foods will eventually carry the day. Anyone who has been sick and found themselve incurable through AMA medicine soon learns about 'highest nutrient value with lowest toxic load' foods. That pretty much lets out the factory farmed or processed foods. Alternative medicine is one of the best allies of the family farmer and it is a solid connection, unlike those built on entertainment or guilt will prove themeselves to be.

Robert - Am I supposed to believe that laws like those that regulate real cider or the making of craft cheeses are for any other purpose than to control competition for national brands?

-Allan