market-farming - Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:40:29 -0400

> some exceptions. That is what the Bill of Rights does. It restricts the
> majority from crushing the minority. But it does not protect the status
quo
> that seems to be preferred by many of the posters on this list.

And what's so wrong with status quo, Rick? You've accused others of
attacking, now it appears you're doing the same.

>From our viewpoint, as small farmers, we're not only getting crushed, we're
being pulverized while large farms & the government look down and tell us,
"Now say thank you." So yeah, we're gonna stomp our feet, and complain and
yell. And then go back to being rebels and do it our own way. The Farm
Bureau can keep their neutrality.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC

Where calling "Here kitty, kitty!" brings the stallion, Doberman and rooster
all arunnin' !