livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd:New Transporting Hay Regs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd:New Transporting Hay Regs
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:17:56 -0400

At 09:48 PM 4/29/2008, you wrote:
Hello Paul and List,
We ship hay all the time to multiple states in the northeast. The new regulation is really nothing more than the bill of lading. If you are using a reptubale shipper, it is required anyway.

I was going to say something similar. In 2001 I worked for a farm that raised and sold hay, and the "new" regulations are no different than what we were doing anyway just for bookkeeping purposes. That's not to say there isn't some other purpose behind the regs, and I wouldn't challenge Dan's stand for a second. In fact, I applaud him for being willing to stick up for what he believes in. But this particular regulation, as it currently stands, is pretty much the norm for people who ship anything. When I did package re-shipping, I had to keep even more detailed records, and that had nothing to do with foodstuffs.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com