internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] loyalty [was: Sure is quiet, innit?]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cristóbal Palmer" <cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] loyalty [was: Sure is quiet, innit?]
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:41:06 -0500

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:08 PM, David Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org> wrote:
> paragraph above, just replace 'shareholders' with 'students' and
> 'market advantage' with 'whatever the students and their parents are
> bitching about' and you have the exact same scenario.

Follow the money. It's not just any students. In-state,
non-scholarship undergraduate students who aren't participating in
student government or the DTH account for a huge percentage of the
student body at UNC, for example, but I have to wonder how much their
opinions (or their parents' for that matter) really affect things.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
http://tinyurl.com/3apraw "They also abandoned other volumes, later,