internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Sure is quiet, innit?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Sure is quiet, innit?
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:08:37 -0500

Lyman Green wrote:
I guess this is what they get for loyalty and long hours.

Heh. I've not worked for *ANY* company that engendered my loyalty at any point in my professional career in IT. None. It's a crying shame.

My father is justifiably proud that he was able to start working for a firm before he completed is civil engineering degree and retired from that same company 39 years later. There were ups and downs but Wells Concrete Products took care of Dad and he took care of them. That kind of company/worker loyalty just flat out doesn't exist anymore, anywhere.

--[Lance]

--
Celebrate The Circle http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
Carolina Spirit Quest http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/