internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] loyalty [was: Sure is quiet, innit?]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] loyalty [was: Sure is quiet, innit?]
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 22:41:06 -0500

Phillip Rhodes said the following on 3/5/2008 8:00 PM:
I think you'll see it come back eventually. This short-sighted approach
to business that has become so common place can't sustain itself forever. I believe that as the world economy becomes even *more* competitive that companies will have to return to the approach of
developing a real relationship with their employees and having that
two way commitment / loyalty to be really successful.

Now maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but if I'm ever
in a position to launch the company I want to launch, I hope
to try and put those principles into practice. It's the old
saw about "if you can't find the company you want to work for, start it." :-)

I think as long as there is a "new market" jobs can be shipped to (India, etc.), companies will continue to treat their workers like dirt.

Smart companies treat their people right. I've not run into very many smart companies.

--[Lance]

--
Celebrate The Circle http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
Carolina Spirit Quest http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/