internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Sure is quiet, innit?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Sure is quiet, innit?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:44:17 -0500

I have two friends and one more casual acquaintance at Motricity. One knew
for sure she was losing her job some time ago. She was already looking for
other things before any official announcement was made. My other friend
knew that an announcement was coming but was fairly certain (or at least
hoped with some level of certainty) given the amount of work she had ALWAYS
going on that she would be OK. She was given her 60 day notice.

And the acquaintance? Well I haven't spoken with him yet but I suspect he
got the same notice and will be looking for work.

I think it SUCKS what Motricity is doing and I largely agree, it's the VC
folks driving this. The two friends I know at Motricity have both commented
to me over the past few years that work at Motricity is long hours and high
stress, but they felt like it was a good job nonetheless. I guess this is
what they get for loyalty and long hours.

Pfah. Bad taste in my mouth.

Lyman