internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triangle Last-Mile Cooperative

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Magnus <magnus AT trilug.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triangle Last-Mile Cooperative
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:52:14 -0400

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> Who else is in Carrboro/Chapel Hill and wants to talk to city officials?
>
> Maybe a group of INWers could meet up and prepare a common pitch to
> take to various local officials in different corners of the triangle?

If I may make a suggestion...

...when I went through this before, I made the mistake of talking to a
high ranking person with the Mayor's office in Philadelphia before I had
a cohesive plan, funding, etc.

Within a few months of that meeting, Philadelphia announced its own plan
for a wireless network that benefited the cronies of Mayor Street.

Meet, work together, write up a plan and an executive overview, and then
try to schedule the meeting. Make the point of the meeting more along
the lines of "we already know what we need to do, and this is exactly
what we need you to do to let it happen".