internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triangle Last-Mile Cooperative

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triangle Last-Mile Cooperative
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:20:48 -0400

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:

> Run fiber without any easements or right-of-way agreements with the
> city/county? I kinda doubt that'll ever happen on a scale larger than
> a neighborhood, and then only if the developer initially planning the
> neighborhood was behind it. Am I wrong?

Probably not.

> You don't think there's any radio-based technology that would work?

I'm still holding out hope that WiMax (or something similar) may be
the answer (or one of the answers) to the "last mile problem." Of
course that still leaves the issue of spectrum licensing, but it's
something worth considering (I think).

TTYL,

Phil

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Rhodes
n:Rhodes;Phillip
adr:;;P.O. Box 16905;Chapel Hill;NC;27516;USA
email;internet:mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk
tel;home:919-928-0236
url:http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes
version:2.1
end:vcard