internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triangle Last-Mile Cooperative

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Brian Henning" <lugmail AT cheetah.dynip.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triangle Last-Mile Cooperative
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:05:40 -0400

To quote the original Absent Minded Professor movie, "and how will this help
the farmer?"

More literally, I simply ask (honestly, not sarcastically) if your idea
includes as widespread deployment as would be required to serve me, someone
who lives fairly far away from the urban sprawl.

These are all interesting debates, but for someone like me, it seems largely
a moot point. TWC doesn't serve my area, for example. DSL is available
from Verizon (which I have), but 1.5m down costs around $45/mo (when last I
checked) and may not be available in my area (haven't checked recently).

~B