internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] cell phone recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] cell phone recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:34:45 -0500

These two reasons have kept me on Cingular.  I have had Verizon service (some years ago) and it was not particularly worse or better than Cingular but the SIM card in my Cingular phone means I can transfer my contacts/phone list with ease to whatever I plan to upgrade to.  This worked flawlessly going from the Nokia 3595 to the Motorola V551 about 18 months ago.  I am still using this phone, though I've been thinking for some time about upgrading to something with more PDA functions (probably something with Windows Mobile on it).

I have several friends with Verizon and they had to fiddle with/unlock their identical phone to mine (the Razr v551) just to get it to be able to transfer files to it.  It was strange as at that time I didn't know that Verizon was locking out what seemed to me to be very basic features.  I have cut a piece out of an MP3 and made it my celltone and this was functionality very easily achieved.  Verizon had prevented the exact same thing.

Good luck in deciding.

Lyman