internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] spam filtering service recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] spam filtering service recommendations?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:56:15 -0400

on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:23:39AM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> On 9/26/05, John Broome <jbroome AT gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ahh, i saw this "You can contact us in order to be evaluated as part
> > of our limited non-public beta program by emailing us at
> > beta AT enemieslist.com."
> >
> > on http://enemieslist.com/about/
>
> Is Steve Champeon still on this list? Since it looks like it's his
> baby, perhaps he can clear up everything. (always go to the
> source, I say ;-) It looks rather interesting. With the amount of
> spam I get these days, I'd be interested in beta testing it. It certainly
> can't be worse than my current Maia Mailguard setup. :-(

Yep, still here, just out at the beach burning myself bright red ;)

If anyone is interested in joining the beta program (which will continue
to be "limited" until I can finish writing/editing the install/configure
instructions for sendmail; postfix and exim are easy to set up) drop me
a line at this address or beta AT enemieslist.com. As for whether it's
better or worse than Maia Mailguard, I'll let you be the judge - I'm
doing my best to make it relatively easy to setup and tweak, but there
are some several dozen checks it performs, so the combinatorial
explosion can get pretty daunting at first if you don't just start with
the default config. But I'm really looking for feedback on it, so please
feel free to step up and try it out.

Features list is here:

http://enemieslist.com/about/features.html

The short version is "EL is a collection of sendmail rules that block
some 99.995% of our inbound spam with a very low false positive rate,
is highly configurable on a per-check and per-address basis as well as
from the sendmail .mc; it's also a project to collect `generic' reverse
DNS naming conventions so as to defeat spam zombies". I've been working
on it for over two years, and it works very well for us here. If you
are accustomed to administering sendmail, postfix, or exim, it should
be a piece of cake for you to set up.

Steve

antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/