internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] spam filtering service recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jay Cuthrell <jcuthrell AT neonova.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] spam filtering service recommendations?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:41:59 -0400

On Sep 26, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

I've been using spamcop.net for years now, but for the umpteenth time
they've lost days worth of my email, and I've had it with them. When
the service was working it was great, but I can no longer afford to
have my business email lost.

Lost as in they had an outage and mail disappears from a spool?

You might want to try Postini. All our customers have used them at one time or another with various results. [1]

Yes, I've tried putting spam assassin on the server, and haven't been
happy with it, and certainly don't want the hassles of administrating
it. I'm supposed to be running a company, not messing with spam-
filter settings!

I've found the rDNS project at enemieslist.com to be frighteningly effective for my personal postfix installation.

So, if anyone could recommend an alternative spam-filtering service
I'd appreciate it.

Personally, I'm running my own filters based on rDNS.

[1] Disclaimer: At work we offer our own amalgam solution for spam filtering service -- primarily to rural telco's

--
Jay Cuthrell jcuthrell AT neonova.net
CTO and Director of Professional Services