internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Local print shop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: info AT mindbenderstudios.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Local print shop
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:52:42 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Steve, that's a pretty good price.... CH Printing & Graphics is indeed a
printer, and we used them for printing as opposed to copying, but I think
they may also do copying. The Ink Spot Copy Shop in Carrboro (West Main St.)
is also a little copy shop that produced good work when we used them,
although DP&G (where I worked) was a copy shop as well so we used Ink Spot
only when we were backed up, overrun, or broken down. I don't remember the
pricing scheme. I agree that Kinko's and Staples are crazy expensive. ... I
usually can tell the difference between printed and copied quite easily.
Although some of the newer and bigger (and most expensive) copy machines have
fusing methods that help maintain the color medium on the paper, it's still
very hard to get certain paper to hold copy toner; the same paper driven
through a real press can produce an impressive product! I could go deeper
into the process, explaining how the heat of the press helps drive the wet
ink into the the paper while copiers can only lay their dry toner on the
surface... but I won't.... Copy on! ~B