internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] local print shop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] local print shop
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:47:44 -0400 (EDT)

David's comments are spot on with my experience. If your printer has a
hand-feed door (often located on the back side of the unit, opposite side
from the paper trays), try that first.

The only time I dealt with printing to cardstock, I ended up using the
printer to generate a standard paper copy of the text and took that and
the cardstock to the local copy shop. Their big copiers handled the paper
much better than the equipment I had to work with, and I only paid for
copies (I brought both the master and the paper to print on). The
problems I had with equipment were some mild jamming and trouble with the
toner fusing properly.

--Sil