internetworkers - [internetworkers] domain name registration

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bob Kucera" <bob.kucera AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] domain name registration
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 02:58:13 -0400

How worthwhile is domain name registration?  It seems like a good way to spend some money on my tech habit.  Is there a preferred registrar for a domain name and dns service?

it looks like the thing to do is to roll up my sleeves and really research them by cost of registration, services provided, cost of dns registration is an add-on (I suppose to be researched separately), and I wonder which of these companies will drop out of business and leave me having to change registrars.

Bob Kucera

(919) 602-5503