internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] NC Tech Fast 50

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] NC Tech Fast 50
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:26:58 -0400

Does anyone know for sure how companies make it onto the Fast 50 List?  IMHO, D&T should not include companies which don't provide at minimum revenue figures.  You would think D&T as an esteemed auditor (compared to Anderson) would enforce the compliance.

I know for certain that in compiling the top # lists, The Business Journal accepts whatever information companies provide without verifying the claims.  Not that they have the capability, but in my former staffing agency days, we listed whatever we wanted in order to show growth from year to year, and no one EVER tried to refute, or verify our claim.  It was an easy way to leap frog up the list over competitors.

I think most of these lists are complete B.S., because there are other companies which are larger or have higher growth rates, etc., but don't respond or take part in the Book of Lists campaign.

Does anyone have an inside scoop on how D&T audits the entrants?

David Wagoner wrote:
20020903203019.43506.qmail AT web12808.mail.yahoo.com">

The 50 fastest growing technology companies on Deloitte & Touche’s North Carolina Technology Fast 50 list are on the web at:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2002/09/02/focus.html

(I didn't know SlickEdit was made in Morrisville!)

dbw

David Wagoner
dbwagoner AT yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?